Community Forum

Impossible to understand pricing and plans

Frequent Visitor

Impossible to understand pricing and plans

I would rather get a root canal than try to figure out Comcast pricing and plans. It is frustrating and basically impossible to figure out. Then once you trow your arms in the air and call, you get the hard sell push into something you don't need or want.

All I want is to be able to see what the plans cost and what channels and internet connection come with them. Every one I looked at appears to come with and additional channel pack that the channel lineup cannot be found... 3 plans for differing amounts for the first 12 months that then seemingly all end up costing the same monthly fee... no explanation of what internet plan comes with the combo plans when it states information about Performance or Performance Plus internet plans in the terms... etc., etc., ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Impossible to understand pricing and plans

If Comcast was a puppy I waould have a real hard time not drowning it and I love dogs.

when there are other choices, that are honest and upfront with their customers, Comcast will die off. Until that time, I have no choice but to beg for mercy. Please Comcast, don't hurt me... just tell me what I need to know.

Frequent Visitor

Whatever.

Frequent Visitor

How can a company do business like this, other than it is the only cable provider in most areas.

I don't want to call... I don't want to click on endless links to try to find channels and speeds, and terms, and promos, and everything else. Just give me information so I can make an informed decision on choosing a stinking internet and TV plan.

If anyone knows where to find this info without jumping through hoops like Jojo the Circus Monkey, please post so I can get out of this whirlwind to the 7 levels of Satan's Lair, known as Xfinity service plans.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Customer Service Staff reading this: I do not blame you and I hope I do not offend you with this post. I just want to understand and compare what service is available to me and Comcast intentionally makes this nearly impossible for me and all of its customers.

As an example, in the attached screen grab: All of these plans show in the terms that after 12 mos, they go up to $89.99... how is that possible? I think that because the verbiage in the terms does not specifically mention anything about the additional channel packs that are included and those are billed as extras on top of the $89.99... but again, nothing is clear enough to tell.  But again, it is impossible to find out what channels come with the "Family Pack" or the "Entertainment Pack"... so, what would I be paying for? 

comcast confusion.JPG
Valued Contributor

Entertainment has like: Amc, Animal Planet, E, FX, HGTV, TNT, TBS, USA.
Kids/Family is Cartoon Network, Disney, Freeform, Nick, TLC
Sports/News is CNN, ESPN, FOX NEWS, FS1, Velocity.

The CHOICE plans you are referring to are new plans they have opened up offering you a "choice". You get your local channels, and then the package you selected, and the internet. Your cable box should be included (depending on area, could be $2.68 for the included cable box) and then the modem rental is on top of that ($11.00)
IT would look like: Choice double play with no channel pack: $49.99 + 11.00 modem + 2.68 cable box = $63.67 before taxes.
The choice double play with the kids/family pack would be the same, except instead of 49.99, it would be 59.99.. So the total would be $73.67 before tax.
So it seems, these new packs are a way of us being able to ale carte our own channels, other than the old tiers they used to offer. (Your final pree could be different, depending on other equipment needs like extra tx boxes and taxes of course)
Hope that helped clear it up a little for ya. Oh.. and after research. Performance in your area is 60, Perf Plus is 100. Perf Pro is 150, Blast is 250
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. That helps. Where did you find those channel lineups? I searched for them and came up with some possible matches, but nothing definitive.

The pricing makes sense, but what happens after the 12 months? All three of those plans I showed (as an example) all say in the Pricing and Info, "Comcast's monthly service charge for Choice Double Play is $89.99 (subject to change)"... and all three plans are called Choice Double Play. At the end of 12 months, I would expect the 49.99 plan to go up to 89.99, but what about the 59.99 plan? Does that also go up to 89.99 or does it go up to 89.99, plus whatever they decide to charge for the Family Pack? If I was to take it at face value without trying to read too far into it, I would thank all 3 plans only go up to 89.99, but I think I know better than that.

Frequent Visitor

Also... are these Channel Packs actually cable TV channels or are they streaming channels that require an app and a device to view?