Community Forum

Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

New Poster

Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

On May 10th I reported that my cable line was cut by AT&T when they installed a new fiber optic line.  I have both AT&T and Xfinity at my home.  AT&T was a dream install with constant updates and communication.  However because they cut the Xfinity cable I'm lost in the black hole of no communication and no service from Xfinity.

I was promised that a Technician would be dispatched and the issue would be escalated. I called back twice on May 11th as I still had not heard from anyone. During my 2nd call on May 11th I was told that instead of 24 hours, I needed to wait 48 hours for a call to tell me when someone would be scheduled to repair the cable.  Note I can't even get a call as to when the repair will be scheduled.  I have absolutely no faith that the repair will happen given that I have yet to get it scheduled.

• The issue was not escalated as promised.
  • I was not called in 24 hours as I was twice promised.
  • Going on 48 hours and still no call or repair or service
  • I still do not have service and absolutely no idea as to when I will ever get this cable repaired.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get Xfinity to at least schedule the technician?  I have an order number which appears meaningless.  No service and the Rockets play on Monday - May 14th.  (sigh)  I am very crabby at this point Smiley Happy

Expert

Re: Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Impossible to get a technician to repair cut line

Hello stewbluetx. I can assist with getting a technician schedule to restore and repair your service. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.