Community Forum

I want to cancel TV service and keep Internet service

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I want to cancel TV service and keep Internet service

I recently upgraded my internet service via chat and feel that I was mislead by the rep as my bill is now higher than it was before when it was in fact supposed to be cheaper. I don't want the TV service as I never use it and I certainly don't want to be paying the ridiculous service fees that were sneakily added in.

I wanted faster internet and that is all. My bill before was about $94.00/month for internet and a leased Xfinity modem. I returned the leased modem to Xfinity and got my own to lower my monthly bill. The representative I chatte with led me to believe it would be cheaper for the contract period (2 years) to have the TV/internet bundle (which was clearly a deception) of TV and the faster internet speed. Now my bill states it will be about $104.00/month due to various fees associated with the TV service which is exactly the opposite of my original intent to lower my bill. 

It would be great if someone at xfinity could help get this done. Thank You.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: I want to cancel TV service and keep Internet service

Hello sber6415, I'd be happy to help you with making the change to internet only. To get started could you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!