Community Forum

I need to put my account on vacation hold

New Poster

I need to put my account on vacation hold

I need to put my service on hold but I'm not sure if I can put it on vacation hold even if I'm not on vacation. I'm not home due too electric company wires falling on my Comcast wire and almost lighting my whole house on fire plus I had a huge electrical back surge. I'm currently living in a hotel and want to put my service on hold till I can get back into my home. Which can take a few months. Is that something I can do? I have home security, cable and internet.
Official Employee

Re: I need to put my account on vacation hold

Hello Kryseli1234. 

We're very sorry to learn about your unfortunate circumstances. 

We have the Seasonal Convenience Plan available that make help. 

Seasonal Convenience Plan is designed for part-time residents in select markets. You can put your XFINITY TV, Internet and Voice on hold while you're away - for just a low monthly fee. And, enrollment is free! Plus:

• No disconnect, reconnect, or installation charges
  • No need to drop off or pick up equipment
  • Your home phone number and email address stay the same
  • Enjoy automatic service reconnection - without a service call

You can put your XFINITY service on hold from 90 to 270 days – with no reconnection charge and no service call needed when you return. This is one of the great benefits of the Seasonal Convenience Plan. You’ll enjoy the convenient, no-waiting, hassle-free method of having your XFINITY services activated at no extra cost before you return. You can even keep your equipment in your home while you’re away. And, there’s no need to contact us to resume your service, making it one less thing to do when you return.

You can enroll and/or learn more here: https://comcastseasonal.com/

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: I need to put my account on vacation hold what happens if I come back 2days early

if I come home 

New Poster

Re: I need to put my account on vacation hold what happens if I come back 2days early

if I come home back early what happens

New Poster

if I put my acc on vacation and gey back early what happens

Official Employee

Hi rich701,

If you need to cancel your seasonal hold before the expiration date, you will not be penalized. Just reach out here like you did, and we can have everything restored for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!