Community Forum

I'm on fixed income now and rate hike has me worried

Problem Solver

I'm on fixed income now and rate hike has me worried

I've enjoyed helping out here on the Xfinity forums but now I have a problem. My bill is now

over $200 and only have one TV with bundle. I am disabled and retired and every dollar now

is very important being on a fixed income. I'm hoping that I can get some kind of assistance

on what options I have besides going to another provider. Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: I'm on fixed income now and rate hike has me worried

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Problem Solver

@Nerdburg wrote:

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Thank you!

Official Employee

Hello, I would be happy to see if there are any deals to offer you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Problem Solver

@ComcastShane wrote:

Hello, I would be happy to see if there are any deals to offer you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Thank you for providing your information, and I will look to see if we have anything better to offer. Were you looking at keeping the same services you have?

Problem Solver

The same three services but don't need as many TV channels.

Thanks again!

@ComcastShane wrote:

Thank you for providing your information, and I will look to see if we have anything better to offer. Were you looking at keeping the same services you have?

Official Employee

Thank you again, unfortunately, I don't have a Starter Triple Play that would be cheaper. But I do have a Preferred Triple Play starting at $119.99 per month, I can break this out for you if you would like. 

Problem Solver

@ComcastShane wrote:

Thank you again, unfortunately, I don't have a Starter Triple Play that would be cheaper. But I do have a Preferred Triple Play starting at $119.99 per month, I can break this out for you if you would like. 

Yes, this sounds a lot better and please break it out with details and thanks again!

Problem Solver

ComcastShane - still waiting - sent another PM.

Thanks you!

Problem Solver

@MikeB39A wrote:

ComcastShane - still waiting - sent another PM.

Thanks you!

I did a live chat and was told a higher price?

Official Employee

Hello, I apologize for the delay. Were you set up with a promotion from someone today?

Problem Solver

@ComcastShane wrote:

Hello, I apologize for the delay. Were you set up with a promotion from someone today?

Yes, but it wasn't as good a deal as you had mentioned even though the same package.

Most Valued Poster

Mike , you may be aware of "Internet Essentials", at least for your basic Internet at $10 per month if you're a senior. It is also available if you are on some government assistance programs, such as housing assistance, and other programs the handicapped/poor might be taking advantage of, but you can get more details by just doing a search for their site. If I'm not mistaken and I hope someone will correct me if I am, just being a senior in itself is enough.

Again, I understand you may already be aware of it, and I don't think they cover anything but Internet, but worth a look see if you aren't aware...

Problem Solver

@Kenny768 wrote:

Mike , you may be aware of "Internet Essentials", at least for your basic Internet at $10 per month if you're a senior. It is also available if you are on some government assistance programs, such as housing assistance, and other programs the handicapped/poor might be taking advantage of, but you can get more details by just doing a search for their site. If I'm not mistaken and I hope someone will correct me if I am, just being a senior in itself is enough.

Again, I understand you may already be aware of it, and I don't think they cover anything but Internet, but worth a look see if you aren't aware...

I had been on SSD, but when I turned 66 last Fall they switched me over to regular SS and I did NOT know about this "Internet Essentials"

so thank you for that and I will look into it. Best regards!

Most Valued Poster

You're welcome, and hope it helps.

As I looked into it for you, I noticed a lot of the info on https://www.internetessentials.com/ wasn't clear, and I'll probaly be posting a thread here in order to get clarification, so if you want to check back here for that info, it could further help you.