Community Forum

I hope someone from COMCAST is reading!

Highlighted
New Poster

I hope someone from COMCAST is reading!

Ok, so here's the deal.  I am a gigabyte user, dont pay for unlimited, never needed it, i normally cap out around 700gig.  Nov 19 - 702GB; Dec 19 - 833; Jan 20 - 264; 1 Feb to 21 Feb 61 gig --- Now here is the kicker that apparently cc customer service (for  internet - not the generic no hope number); so from 22 Feb until 26 Feb I have used 157 gigs in 5 days - installed my own equipment on the 22nd....ive run all checks on the modem CM1000, works just fine....

But when I call cc, I get the runaround because I use my internet for STREAMING and thats what's causing my usage to go up - well no duh, that person knew what the internet was, but said there was no way whatsoever to identify why my usage was so high or what could be causing it.  I asked to speak to someone else and kept getting the runaround so I told her I give up and hung up!

So is there a number that you can call and get an intelligent person on the phone for assistance...because the call centers are worthless! 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: I hope someone from COMCAST is reading!

@tonyevo52 wrote:

so from 22 Feb until 26 Feb I have used 157 gigs in 5 days - installed my own equipment on the 22nd....ive run all checks on the modem CM1000, works just fine....

Awfully coincidental that the issue started when you 'installed your own equipment'.  Just what equipment was swapped out/installed?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)