Community Forum

I have no words

Regular Visitor

I have no words

So I'm trying to change my service from tv and internet to only internet, but after a 45 min phone call, they can't even give me a price before I return my video equiptment!!!!!!!

been a loyal customer for the past 8 years and do like the product comcast offer....

After a 45 min conversation it was clear, that if I want to pay more..... no problem. If I want to change to something different or downgrade, I had to return my equiptment, before I could get a price...... 

I now have to options...

1. change my ISP

2. return my comcast boxes and cancel my account and then come back as a new customer LOL

is this really the way one should treat one's loyal costumers

I am speachless

Regular Visitor

No deals for excisting customers when you login to your account

So why is it that I cannot change my service from my excising tv/internet to only internet (gig), without having to call a million different people (that has no idea what they are talking about) !!!!!!!

I find it so frustrating to call a "tech company" with employees has no clue what they are dealing with.

Then talking to a few different people and getting completely different outcomes. One thing they all can agree on, is the "need" to send a tech out here to install nothing for a fee of 60 or more dollars!!!!

I own all the right equipment and now I need to spend time (again) finding the right person that can help me....

I really hope someone at Comcast  know what they are doing and can help me.

PS: sorry for the went, but this is so frustrating and should have taking 10min online

Admin1

Re: I have no words

Hi Zer0DK -- I can help you with downgrading to Internet only. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll review your account to see what Internet only offers we have available.

Frequent Visitor

I am planning to do the same thing.  Love Xfinity internet, but the tv is just crazy expensive now.  I am paying $190 a month & when I complained they offered me $90 for a downgraded tv & internet pkg. The problem you will have is if you go to internet only the price goes way up. Check & see, but I think they have a skinny tv pkg with 10 channels or one with like 30 channels.  With that it will cost less than if you go with internet only.  

Regular Visitor

even the internet is super expensive.... a gigabit connection as ATT is 70 a month..... comcast 139 and their pricing is compleatly BS.

where you gert the most for your money is a gigabit connection, which I would like to have. It just.... they dont offer that to excisting costumers without it costing dubble what it should.

and dont get me started on the 60 dollar install fee. I have an enterprise grade network setup at my house, and I dont need someone coming out to install my OWN modem for me. Trust me it allready works.

I could go on and on, like so many other people.

Regular Visitor

what ????

I can't even upgrade to gigabit internet without having to also have another line of buisness  ????

is there really no one at comcast that can help a long time costumer ?????

I have no options to up/down grade my service without canceling and then open another account

Expert

Re: what ????

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.