Community Forum

I have been trying to set up new service for 20+ days now

New Poster

I have been trying to set up new service for 20+ days now

I've had multiple attempts via chat, website, xfinity store...to try to set up service.  Every time they say my address isn't serviceable.  Every time they say they'll escalate it and I'll receive a call back.  Nothing.  Can anyone help before I move on to a competitors service? 

Valued Contributor

Re: I have been trying to set up new service for 20+ days now

Did they give you a ticket number? Did you have the other reps after the initial call check and see the status of the escalation after you called, or did you just keep calling and asking for service, instead of checking on your tickets? The process is as follows: You submit a serviceability request. Typically takes a few days for results. Your address is added to system and setup for a drop line if it turns up serviceable. THEN, you would submit an order for actual service, where you pick your plan. A tech would have to set it up.

It sounds like, your address is not serviceable, and nobody called you back after the ticket was worked, or the agents you spoke with, never submitted your request.
Ask for the ticket number. If they tell you there isn't one, they are wrong and haven't done what is necessary.

(EDIT: You stated they said it was not serviceable, was this because of a previous customer, or because the address isn't in system? Ask if you don't know)
New Poster

Yes, the address keeps showing up as not serviceable. It's a new construction home, but it is a comcast neighborhood. They dont have the correct address in their system, so everytime I chat or talk to someone, I get an escalation ticket number (after giving them my previous ones), but never get a call back with any updates (going on 25 days now).
Expert

@gtcheech

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
New Poster

Thanks! Look forward to hearing something back.

Valued Contributor

As I stated, you need to get the ticket number so you can check on the status instead of waiting for that call back..
Official Employee

Hello gtcheech, I can assist you with getting your address added in our system if it is indeed within the Comcast footprint. To get started, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!