Community Forum

I guess Secondary Internet Access

New Poster

I guess Secondary Internet Access

Hello I was granted internet access from a friend's account. I understand that since I have an email address affiliated with my friend's account, therefore I can have up to 12 devices I can pick and choose to give access to the Xfinity's Hotspot/WiFi. I am aware that I am allowed up to 12 devices. So, as of now I have used up all my allowable devices access, reason being I have upgraded, missplaced, has had it stolen, and broke some devices I have given access to the Internet. I was wondering as to what procedure can be sent to myself where as I can pick and choose which account/devices can I delete from having access to my internet hotspot/wifi? Do that I can include my new devices to have access to my Xfinity WiFi. Kindly help with this matter.
Expert

Re: I guess Secondary Internet Access

To remove or rename a device registered to access Xfinity WiFi hotspots:

1. Sign in to My Account or the My Account app and click or touch the Services tab/icon.
  2. From the Services page, under Internet, click Manage Internet.
  3. Scroll down to Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices and click Manage Devices.
  4. Click Rename to edit your device name.
  5. Click Remove to remove your device from the list of registered devices. A confirmation message will appear.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!