Community Forum

I got an email stating "we received your cancellation request"

Highlighted
New Poster

I got an email stating "we received your cancellation request"

I received that email this morning, however I never put in a cancellation request and haven't been able to get ahold of a rep to get it cancelled. Why did I receive the email? Did someone hack into my account or was there a mistake from the company? I really can't afford to lose my internet right now due to the fact that I rely so heavily on it for work and school(since my school is all online based right now). Is there anything I can do to get the cancellation removed? I would hate to lose my account and have to go through the whole set up again tomorrow for no reason. Can anyone help me?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: I got an email stating "we received your cancellation request"

@Cessadis wrote:

I received that email this morning, however I never put in a cancellation request and haven't been able to get ahold of a rep to get it cancelled. Why did I receive the email? Did someone hack into my account or was there a mistake from the company? I really can't afford to lose my internet right now due to the fact that I rely so heavily on it for work and school(since my school is all online based right now). Is there anything I can do to get the cancellation removed? I would hate to lose my account and have to go through the whole set up again tomorrow for no reason. Can anyone help me?

When you get an email that is from Comcast/Xfinity you should see this logo:

Again_0-1591822863952.png

Again_1-1591822911994.png

If you do not see either of these, then the email is not from Comcast/Xfinity and can be considered to be a spam/phishing email and can be ignored.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: I got an email stating "we received your cancellation request"

In my account I can't do anything because it says there is a cancellation request that will be in effect tomorrow. So it was real, but I can't get ahold of a rep or anyone in general.