Community Forum

I canceled on the 11th. Now I'm told I need to keep paying until after a disconnection date on 21st?

New Poster

I canceled on the 11th. Now I'm told I need to keep paying until after a disconnection date on 21st?

I got a bill for the account I cancelled days ago. I was told to ignore the bill because it was only generated due to the fact that my disconnection date hasn't happened yet. I was told that I would not be receiving a prorated refund for the time period between the billing stop date (sept 11th) and the disconnection date (sept 21st). I took issue with this. Billing stop date means the billing stops. The time it takes for Comcast to schedule and effect a disconnection is not my responsibility. If the stop date was within a billing cycle but the disconnection date was in the next cycle, I would have to pay for the next cycle? When I cancel, I cancel. I don't owe money until the company feels like actually closing the account. I can't believe this is actually policy, so I wanted to confirm if the agent who told me this was accurate or not. 

Official Employee

Re: I canceled on the 11th. Now I'm told I need to keep paying until after a disconnection date o...

Hello, dawniler. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

When your services are canceled, you will stop being billed at that point, it shows on your disconnect order. If you see any additional charges after the account is canceled, the system should go back and credit back those charges once the account has been fully disconnected. 

I'd like to take a look at your account just to make sure everything was done correctly and get you some more specific answers.

Please send me a Private Message With your full name so I can help.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!