Community Forum

I can’t upgrade my speed online?

Highlighted
New Poster

I can’t upgrade my speed online?

I’ve been trying to manage my plan because I want to upgrade to the gigabit plan but it’s not giving me any option to upgrade from performance. I’ve tried multiple ways and it just gives me the option to downgrade to 25 mbps??
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: I can’t upgrade my speed online?

@maceycking wrote:
I’ve been trying to manage my plan because I want to upgrade to the gigabit plan but it’s not giving me any option to upgrade from performance. I’ve tried multiple ways and it just gives me the option to downgrade to 25 mbps??

I had to call 1800comcast to upgrade my plan.  They sent out a tech to install the XB6 Gateway.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@maceycking 

I'm glad you're interested in our Gigabit Pro service.

I've looped in our team here on your request above so that we can go over the potential availability, costs and timing. Someone on our team will reach out to you on next steps.

Let me go through some basic information you need to know.

We will need to run a serviceability check to see if your home is eligible for the service.

Once we conduct the serviceability check on your home, there is a $500 activation fee and a $500 installation fee totaling $1,000.

Service is $299.95 a month with a $19.95 monthly professional-grade equipment rental fee plus taxes.

The Gigabit Pro service requires a two-year contract with a $1,150 early termination fee, which declines over the course of the contract.

You will need to have a computer or other device capable of accepting 2 Gbps services to utilize the full capabilities of Gigabit Pro

If your home is serviceable, we will need to build fiber optics to your home. That process can take several weeks. We will communicate our progress throughout that time.

Additional info here: »www.xfinity.com/support/ ··· r-1-gbps

Our team will reach out to you here for next steps, thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yea it’s stupid. I have the same problem. I want to change my whole package and then it forces you to contact them and I can’t seem to be able to get ahold of anyone. The Xfinity assistance that you can use to chat is useless
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello maceycking, I'd be happy to help you with upgrading your internet speeds. To get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!