Community Forum

I can't unsubscribe from marketing emails

Highlighted
New Poster

I can't unsubscribe from marketing emails

I've been trying for months to unsubscribe from the marketing emails from xfinity by clicking on the `unsubsrcribe` button on the email.

When I go to https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptDown/opt-down/#/?ZW1haWw9YWFyb25AaW5rYmVhcmQuY29tJmN1c3RvbW... , which is the link from the email, and click on ANYTHING, I'm getting a JS error that is preventing myself from actually unsubscribing.

TypeError: ga.getAll is not a function
    at triggerGAEvent (mainController.js:40)
    at Object.vm.unsubscribeAll (mainController.js:56)
    at fn (eval at compile (angular.js:15500), <anonymous>:4:170)
    at e (angular.js:27285)
    at b.$eval (angular.js:18372)
    at b.$apply (angular.js:18472)
    at HTMLParagraphElement.<anonymous> (angular.js:27290)
    at kg (angular.js:3771)
    at HTMLParagraphElement.d (angular.js:3759)

The error in question, since from a bit of research, it seems that this has been around for a while stems from

var triggerGAEvent = function (ea, ec) {
        var tracker = ga.getAll()[0];
        if (tracker) {
            // update sequence
            var currentSequenceValue = sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.eventSequence_StorageKeyName);
            sessionStorage.setItem(APPCONFIG.eventSequence_StorageKeyName, parseInt(currentSequenceValue) + 1);

tracker.set('dimension2', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.sourceid_StorageKeyName));
            tracker.set('dimension4', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.filterid_StorageKeyName));
            tracker.set('dimension5', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.sessionId_StorageKeyName));
            tracker.set('dimension6', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.eventSequence_StorageKeyName));
            tracker.send('event', ec, ea, vm.credentials._filterName);
        }
    }

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: I can't unsubscribe from marketing emails

For those that are having the same issue, here's a workaround.

1. Using chrome, open your developer tools (the internet can give you guidance on this)
  2. When you click on any of the unsubscribe buttons, if you see a JS error, click on `mainController`.
  3. Comment out the entire code block so your code looks like this:
    //         var tracker = ga.getAll()[0];
    //         if (tracker) {
    //             // update sequence
    //             var currentSequenceValue = sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.eventSequence_StorageKeyName);
    //             sessionStorage.setItem(APPCONFIG.eventSequence_StorageKeyName, parseInt(currentSequenceValue) + 1);

//             tracker.set('dimension2', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.sourceid_StorageKeyName));
    //             tracker.set('dimension4', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.filterid_StorageKeyName));
    //             tracker.set('dimension5', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.sessionId_StorageKeyName));
    //             tracker.set('dimension6', sessionStorage.getItem(APPCONFIG.eventSequence_StorageKeyName));
    //             tracker.send('event', ec, ea, vm.credentials._filterName);
    //         }
  4. Save the file by pressing `ctrl-s` on your keyboard.
  5. Unsubscribe from your email.
  6. You should be taken to a confirmation screen.