Community Forum

I am in between homes for a couple weeks and want to downgrade

New Poster

I am in between homes for a couple weeks and want to downgrade

I have a couple of questions really and can't seem to get any answers. I am in between homes for a couple weeks and really not liking my service to continue in my old apt while I am no longer there, I am not wanting to cancel my service since as soon as my new apt is ready I will be continuing service there. Is there anyway I can put a hold on it or something like that?
My second question is how can I downgrade from cable and internet to just internet?
Tags (2)
Expert

Re: I am in between homes for a couple weeks and want to downgrade

@BriHendren wrote:
I have a couple of questions really and can't seem to get any answers. I am in between homes for a couple weeks and really not liking my service to continue in my old apt while I am no longer there, I am not wanting to cancel my service since as soon as my new apt is ready I will be continuing service there. Is there anyway I can put a hold on it or something like that?
My second question is how can I downgrade from cable and internet to just internet?

If you're no longer in your old apartment you would need to cancel your services.  You have to have a valid address in order to continue services.  You aren't able to put your services on hold, either, because the minimum time is 90 days, and isn't available everywhere, but again, to do this you would need a valid address.

Really, your best bet is to cancel service and start it again at your new address as a new account.  You may get a new customer discount doing this, but it's not a guarantee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: I am in between homes for a couple weeks and want to downgrade

Thanks for the useful info, Again. 

Hi BriHendren. Thank you for joining the XFINITY Forums and creating your first post! We're glad you're here.

I can assist further with answering any additional transfer questions you may have. If you have more questions, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.