Community Forum

I am disabled. When I tell The Automated Operator "Agent", Why do they insist on the Assistant?

ajfaull
Frequent Visitor

I am disabled. When I tell The Automated Operator "Agent", Why do they insist on the Assistant?

I am a disabled customer, I do not use TV. Only the Internet. For the last 20 years I have predominatly asked for an agent to help solve my issues, not only because of limitations due to my disability; but sometimes due to creative needs of working within the beurocracy that is Comcast. Sometimes the Beurocracy is Social Security.

But forget 20 Years, I the customer, as a customer, 30 seconds of being with your company should be enough to KNOW WHAT I NEED to get the job done for me. And what level of assistance. I was told by an agent recently, to just punch a couple of the options on the assistant enough to register, then call again and say agent until it connects me!  So I call once, ask for an agent, get told "I really don't need one, I think you need a text based solution". (Never asks if you are partially sighted) . Then you have to answer a couple of questions, "just punch them in there". Finally call back again, and shout "Agent!" another 10 Times, so that you are GOOD AND ANGRY! WHEN YOU DO GET A HUMAN! How is this even productive.

I am sure that your entire staff is getting PTSD now from the anger of the people, which could be avoided just by letting them talk to whom that want to.

ComcastJodie
Official Employee

Re: I am disabled. When I tell The Automated Operator "Agent", Why do they insist on the Assistant?

@ajfaull Hello! Thank you so much for the feedback. We really do appreciate it and are trying everyday to improve all our services. We would really like to help make this right. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. You can do that by selecting my profile then select "send a message." We'll be there to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!