Community Forum

How to stop usage "in-browser notification" pop up

Highlighted
New Poster

How to stop usage "in-browser notification" pop up

I'm getting the in-browser pop up notifications when i hit a certain percentage of my terabyte limit, as described here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-will-i-be-alerted-data-usage?  . I got the notification 10 times today.  There is no option in My Account notification settings to turn off the in browser pop ups.  I also find it highly invasive and creepy that XFinity is sniffing my internet traffic in order to insert messages into non XFinity web pages.  How do I get this to stop? I've spoken to two different reps on the phone, and neither of them had a solution.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to stop usage "in-browser notification" pop up

@siffster wrote:

I'm getting the in-browser pop up notifications when i hit a certain percentage of my terabyte limit, as described here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-will-i-be-alerted-data-usage?  . I got the notification 10 times today.  There is no option in My Account notification settings to turn off the in browser pop ups.  I also find it highly invasive and creepy that XFinity is sniffing my internet traffic in order to insert messages into non XFinity web pages.  How do I get this to stop? I've spoken to two different reps on the phone, and neither of them had a solution.

I use Firefox so I don't know about other browsers, but check your options/preferences.  There should be a preference for turning off popups within your browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

FWIW, I believe that it is one of their HTTP Javascript browser injections which can't be stopped.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@EG wrote:

FWIW, I believe that it is one of their HTTP Javascript browser injections which can't be stopped.

That could be, too.  Thanks EG.  👍