Community Forum

How to return Xfinity cable equipment

New Poster

How to return Xfinity cable equipment

where do i return cable box

Expert

Re: return cable equipment

Simple Options to Return Equipment

Should you need to return your Comcast equipment, there are three* easy ways to do so:
  • Drop it off at a Customer Service Center or XFINITY Store. Click here to find a Customer Service Center near you.
  • Drop it off at The UPS Store. Comcast has teamed up with The UPS Store locations across the country to accept Comcast equipment returns. Simply bring your equipment with you to your nearest The UPS Store location and an associate will pack and ship your equipment back to us.
    • The UPS store will give you a receipt with a tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return on UPS.com.
    • Visit www.theupsstore.com to find The UPS Store locations near you.
    • The UPS Store locations are for returning equipment only. Customer Service Centers are available for payments, equipment pickup and exchanges, as well as returns.
  • Use a Pre-Paid UPS Shipping Label. If you ordered your device in a Self Installation Kit, we enclosed a pre-paid UPS shipping label for your convenience. Simply place the equipment being returned into the box in which it came, and put the pre-paid label on the outside. You can then drop it off anywhere UPS shipments are accepted.

*If you have already disconnected your Comcast account and still need to return your equipment, you can use the Customer Service Center/XFINITY Store and UPS Store drop off options for your return.

After You Return Equipment

• Customer Service Center or XFINITY Store: The equipment will be taken off of your account immediately, and your next bill will reflect the return (if applicable).
  • The UPS Store and Pre-Paid UPS Shipping Label: Please allow up to two weeks for the return to be processed on your account. After this time period, your next bill will reflect the return (if applicable).

From: http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/returning-your-equipment/

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Problem Solver

1955rj,

The information provide by @i-am-nerdburg, is correct. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I don't have a comcast store or UPS store in my city.  I do have a shipping center that ships UPS...can I take it there? My zip is 61832

New Poster

Just a heads up all, you cannot return a remote to a UPS store, I tried.

They told me they could not accept the remote, as there was nothing to scan on the remote.

OMW to a xfinity store.

GL out there,

Thomas

New Poster

The "simple" part is completely misleading when returning to a Comcast store. I did that today. They made me check, placed 17 in queue, waited 45min, only for a couple of seconds to print my receipt. If it's that simple, instead of the check in process, they should have simply processed the return. It was a complete waste of time and would have been better to use UPS.
Official Employee

Unfortunately at time stores will be busy, UPS stores are another option to return equipment.