Community Forum

How to retrieve live chat history

New Poster

How to retrieve live chat history

Hello community,

How would you retrieve a live chat conversation with an analyst if you did not save it before closing the window?

Problem Solver

Re: How to retrieve live chat history

If you do not print the Chat by clicking on the printer symbol inside the Chat Box it is gone forever.

New Poster

How unprofessionally convenient that chat sessions cannot be retrieved if not printed immediately after the incident. Try to hide information much?

New Poster

Thread Necro::

I agree.  What's worse is that they auto-redirect you to the stupid survey which eliminates the old ability to save a backup.

Problem Solver

Hello drynn,

If you are having an issue I will be more than happy to help.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I was just told by a chat session agent that I would be sent an email with a reference number (which never arrived). So, on that basis, I didn't hit the print button to save the chat session.

I wonder if that agent meant the chat session message with the reference # woudl be sent to my persoanl email account or to an internal Comcast messages account? Because I tried that before and could never find any internal Comcast messages account.

I have, however, copied and will paste a record of my technician appointment which should serve as proof  the original appointment was rescheduled. That is the best I may do at this point.

But you are correct, Comcast has some serious issues with its website that need to be fixed.

New Poster

I was unable to complete the survey following live chat.is there a link so I can leave my responses?
Problem Solver

Not that I know of but you will have other chances.
Every time I visit this forum it asks me if I want to take a survey.