Community Forum

How to remove a DOUBLE hard inquiry on Equifax, as Comcast Customer Service NEVER CALLED ME BACK

Regular Visitor

How to remove a DOUBLE hard inquiry on Equifax, as Comcast Customer Service NEVER CALLED ME BACK

Hi all,

I'm writing from San Francisco, California. Here's what happened:

- on 01/15/2018 I request a call from a Comcast agent just to get information on how to activate the Xfinity internet service, as I was unhappy with my former provider. They tell me all the details on pricing, modem and timing to activate. I tell them that I still have a week paid with my former provider and that I'll be calling them back as soon as I'm ready to proceed;

- o01/19/2018  I request another call from a Comcast agent. I tell them that I'm ready to proceed, I give them all the details they need (I had already been a Comcast customer years ago) and I subscribe to an Xfinity service with just internet and no hardware from Comcast, as I already have a cable modem;

- on 03/20/2018, looking at my CreditKarma account, I see that I have two hard inquiries from Comcast on my Equifax Credit Report. One was done on 01/15/2018 (the day I called Comcast just to get info on the Xfinity service), and the other one on 01/19/2018  (the day I called to subscribe to an Xfinity service with just internet and no hardware from Comcast). I immediately call the Comcast Customer Service, explain to them the issue and tell them that I want the credit pull on 01/15/2018 removed and I want them to explain me why they had to perform a credit pull on 01/19/2018 (the day I subscribed) even if I didn't request any hardware from Comcast. They give me a ticket number, promise me to call me back in a few day and actually... they never called me back!

Is there anyone with a similar experience, and tips on how to fix it?

Is there a Comcast Agent who can help me, and fix the aweful experience of the Customer Service who never called me back?

What I ask is the removal of both the hard credit inquiries.

Thank you very much,

L.

Official Employee

Re: How to remove a DOUBLE hard inquiry on Equifax, as Comcast Customer Service NEVER CALLED ME BACK

UlgaYevLu, did you give your social security number during both calls? There are two options at starting service: you can pay a deposit and set up service without credit check, or run a credit check and (usually) pay no deposit. 

I got your private message. Credit pulls are hard to dispute when it is during an activation of service, but because it happened twice for an activation, we may be able to dispute. I'll follow up with you in private message. 

KenF

Official Employee

Re: How to remove a DOUBLE hard inquiry on Equifax, as Comcast Customer Service NEVER CALLED ME BACK

UlgaYevLu, both inquiries have been masked. Post again if you need anything further. 

KenF