Community Forum

How to reach Comcast Retention/ Loyalty Department

New Poster

How to reach Comcast Retention/ Loyalty Department

I have been a loyal comcast customer since 2005.  I just had my bill go up $72 dollars for the same service I have had for years.  I called and they said the only way I could change the bill was to get lesser services and that probably would increase my bill.  They said there was nothing they could do.

AT&T is installing fiber optic cable services in my neighborhood and will probably offer much lower prices. I would like to stay with comcast, but they won't help at all.  I asked to be directed to their customer retention center and was told that doesn't exist anymore.

Does anyone know how I reach that department.  Because if they don't help me (even a little), I will switch the moment I can to another company.  Loyalty and years of service should count for something.

Expert

Re: How to reach Comcast Retention/ Loyalty Department

@drbwif

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Hello, I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

ComcastShane I can't seem to privately message you
Expert

@Glory1028 wrote:
ComcastShane I can't seem to privately message you

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines. .

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.  Your post will be answered by an OE in the order that it was received, which could be several days.  If you need help more quickly, consider using chat or @ComcastCares on Twitter, or on our Facebook page.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I just neet help to figure out what I should do next and also find out how many people out there have the same problem as I do

New Poster

I have the same problem you do. Every year I have to cancel my service because the promotion price as a new customer is HALF of the yearly fees... Meaning when you are no longer a new customer Comcast/Xfinity DOUBLES your bill! 

Frequent Visitor

Have you noticed the questions aren't actually answered in these forums?  Did you see how to reach a customer loyalty contact person?  No, you saw a comcast employee telling the poster to PM them followed by an expert replying with a little blurb in a box about posting publicly so all can see and be helped.  I try to find answers and all I see are people being told to pm a rep instead of posting for all to see, and if that doesn't work, thread is closed.  Have you tried the 800 number?   Good luck.

New Poster

Honestly, the best/fasteds/easiest way is to simply completely close the account and then create a new account with a family member, roomate, etc.  You can do all of this online without needing to waste hours on the phone either on hold, or on perpetual redirect.  Then when the promotion runs out, do it all over again. None of their "added services" are really worth keeping, and using a Comcast/Xfinity email as your primary is just terrible anyways, and there are better free alternatives. 

Official Employee

Hello ScottyBott. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. You actually don't have to cancel your services to change to a new offer. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The promotions offered to my existing account were far inferior to the new customer promotions... The price difference was over $400 for the exact same services...