Community Forum

How to initialize new modem if Comcast Voice is my phone connection?

Frequent Visitor

How to initialize new modem if Comcast Voice is my phone connection?

From what I've seen, it's necessary to call Comcast support to register/initialize a new modem, at which point support will attempt to connect to the modem.

However, Comcast Voice is my phone, and I do not have a cell connection in my home (well, I do, but I use a microcell, which depends on WiFi to run). If I don't have an Internet connection, I have no phone...so is there any way I can get the modem initialized?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to initialize new modem if Comcast Voice is my phone connection?

What is the exact make and model number of the "new modem" ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@EG wrote:

What is the exact make and model number of the "new modem" ?

It's a Netgear Nighthawk CM1150V.

Official Employee

Hi @mmalkin

Welcome to the Xfinity forum. I can help get your modem provisioned for Xfinity voice. 

In order to assist you, please send me a private message including your first and last name as it appears on your bill, or the name of the account holder (if it's different than yours) and the primary number on the account.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@mmalkin,

Thank you for letting me know you were able to get this taken care of. If you need anything in the future, feel free to contact us. Take care!  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.