Community Forum

How to get the 100 feet of cable lying beside the road reattached to the house and line/pole?

Regular Visitor

How to get the 100 feet of cable lying beside the road reattached to the house and line/pole?

Over the last week I have chatted with two individuals who gave me dates when somebody was going to come out and see about repairing the cable that was torn away from both my house and the pole. 

Anyhone got any idea's other than just returning the comcast equipment and having a competitor install their service? THis is beyond pathetic!

Official Employee

Re: How to get the 100 feet of cable lying beside the road reattached to the house and line/pole?

Greetings, jmerrill1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that this cable has not been connected. I would like to see what's going on and make sure we get someone out there to have this fixed. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: How to get the 100 feet of cable lying beside the road reattached to the house and line/pole?

Finally resolved on 8/13 after making a trip to the local Comcast retail office on 8/12.

Apparently 100Ft of Cable lying beside the road can be listed as a Line Down. Which in Comcast service has a apparently different meaning than 100 ft of RG-6U disconnected.

Anyway the local office made sure the problem was fixed as fast as practicle.

Official Employee

Hey, jmerrill1. I hope you are having a good start to the weekend. I'm glad to hear the line has been fixed and quickly by the local office. I apologize for the delay in getting this resolved. Not sure what the hold up was. Was there anything else we could assist you with?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, jmerrill1. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.