Community Forum

How to get service in my are.

New Poster

How to get service in my are.

I know this has been posted many times, but I cannot PM so this is the only way to ask my question.  We have xfinity at our current residence, but the property we just bought does not have service even though the xfinity site showed they do (which we checked before purchasing the house. I did some research and found that xfinity stops approx 1755 feet from my residence, what would it take to talk to someone about what it would take to get the service extended to our area? We truly love xfinity (TV & Internet), we have had it for over 10 years now, and don't know what we are gonna do without it. Please help me figure out a way to make this work because we will be stuck with basic DSL otherwise and I have never been impressed with it.

Official Employee

Re: How to get service in my are.

Hi there, Cooperdog17. Usually, if it is that far, this comes down to the customers in the area. In my experience, if you are able to get together with your neighbors and this is a common interest for everyone, you can split the cost that way once our construction team does a survey. Otherwise, if you have an HOA, I would reach out to them. 

Not much else you can do. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!