Community Forum

How to get ahold of the supervising installation tech?

Highlighted
New Poster

How to get ahold of the supervising installation tech?

Hi. I just bought my home and got the gigabit internet package and a self-install kit. However, after hooking it up, I found out the home was wired for Spectrum. I got a technician to come out and he said there was no service wire on my property and the nearest tap was in my neighbor's backyard but he wasn't home and his gate was locked and I was rescheduled. Lo-and-behold, the next day, my neighbor still wasn't home and I was rescheduled again.

Turns out, my neighbor works out of state and isn't ever home, so the install technician would either have to hop the fence or get the police involved to forcibly unlock the gate. There is no dog and neither of the two techs I've had so far have wanted to do either.

I believe there's an easement clause in our deed and maybe even the HOA rules that state we have to let utilities enter our properties whenever and we can't do anything to block their coming in.

This is costing me time and money as I work the night shift and can't keep messing up my sleep schedule to answer the door for the tech only for him to tell me there's nothing he can do, allegedly, and my aunt is charging me $50/week to keep my computer equipment hooked up at her house, on top of not being able to use the service I'm already paying for.

I'm assuming I'd have to talk to the supervising installation tech in my area to have it worked out? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!
Official Employee

Re: How to get ahold of the supervising installation tech?

@Sparky95 wrote:
Hi. I just bought my home and got the gigabit internet package and a self-install kit. However, after hooking it up, I found out the home was wired for Spectrum. I got a technician to come out and he said there was no service wire on my property and the nearest tap was in my neighbor's backyard but he wasn't home and his gate was locked and I was rescheduled. Lo-and-behold, the next day, my neighbor still wasn't home and I was rescheduled again.

Turns out, my neighbor works out of state and isn't ever home, so the install technician would either have to hop the fence or get the police involved to forcibly unlock the gate. There is no dog and neither of the two techs I've had so far have wanted to do either.

I believe there's an easement clause in our deed and maybe even the HOA rules that state we have to let utilities enter our properties whenever and we can't do anything to block their coming in.

This is costing me time and money as I work the night shift and can't keep messing up my sleep schedule to answer the door for the tech only for him to tell me there's nothing he can do, allegedly, and my aunt is charging me $50/week to keep my computer equipment hooked up at her house, on top of not being able to use the service I'm already paying for.

I'm assuming I'd have to talk to the supervising installation tech in my area to have it worked out? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

@Sparky95 , definitely an interesting situation with this tricky easement issue but I'm confident we can get to the bottom of this and get your install scheduled.

Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name (Comcast_Support) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a private message on the right.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!