Community Forum

How to contact when Chat is down?

Highlighted
New Poster

How to contact when Chat is down?

Online account is not setup, online response system won't connect to chat until I ask four times, and then chat isn't being accepted.

No phone numbers posted anywhere. 

How do I get in touch with someone to resolve a problem?  I've been a customer for less than a week and I'm already regretting it.  

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: How to contact when Chat is down?

Ask your questions right here

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

THAT. WAS. MY. QUESTION.

I am not going to post personal information and billing details on an open forum.  And in order for you to address this problem, I'd need to give you that information.

Fortunately, I was able to get in touch with a chat agent.  I just had to pretend to be shopping for new service, (Funny, there were no chat agenst for paying customers, but one popped up in 4 seconds when I wanted help buying new service)  They told me to call 888-655-4075 and ask for the "CDV" team.

That is not an option recognized by your phone system.  It took me ten minutes to get to a billing person, who then transferred me to a hold queue... for the wrong person.  Fortunatley mike was able to transfer me to someone else who also couldn't help me.    Amazing. 

This is to fix an issue where the new account setup won't port my phone number over; something that has been standard practice for decades. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm needing to disconnect my cable but for some reason I have not been able to talk with a live customer rep. How can we handle this matter. Because as of yesterday I have been call and call and there has been no luck. I DO NOT WANT NO CABLE  anymore JUST THE INTRENET.  I need this situation resolve as soon as possible. If someone wold like to speak to me directly thats an option too

Highlighted
Expert

@PVS3 wrote:

THAT. WAS. MY. QUESTION.

I am not going to post personal information and billing details on an open forum.  And in order for you to address this problem, I'd need to give you that information.

Fortunately, I was able to get in touch with a chat agent.  I just had to pretend to be shopping for new service, (Funny, there were no chat agenst for paying customers, but one popped up in 4 seconds when I wanted help buying new service)  They told me to call 888-655-4075 and ask for the "CDV" team.

That is not an option recognized by your phone system.  It took me ten minutes to get to a billing person, who then transferred me to a hold queue... for the wrong person.  Fortunatley mike was able to transfer me to someone else who also couldn't help me.    Amazing. 

This is to fix an issue where the new account setup won't port my phone number over; something that has been standard practice for decades. 

It's great that you don't want private information posted in public!  I wish others were just as cautious.  However, just an FYI, we don't allow private information in the public forum.  General questions, however, are welcome.  If someone needs billing help, a corporate Official Employee will usually ask that that information be given in a private message that only you and they can see.  All account specific help is done privately.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!