Community Forum

How to change the account holder's name

New Poster

How to change the account holder's name

The original account was created by my roommate, and now she moved out and gave her account to me.

Now I have change everything I could to my profile except the account holder's name.

What can I do to change this name, the billing statement shows her name instead of my.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to change the account holder's name

@ariselpy wrote:

The original account was created by my roommate, and now she moved out and gave her account to me.

Now I have change everything I could to my profile except the account holder's name.

What can I do to change this name, the billing statement shows her name instead of my.

Thanks in advance.

You and your ex-roommate will need to go to a Comcast/Xfinity store in order to transfer the account into your name.

Frankly, it would have been a better benefit to you to have had her cancel the account and return the equipment and then you sign up as a new customer.  You would have gotten new customer deals that way.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: How to change the account holder's name

ariselpy -- The information given is correct. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Thank you.