Community Forum

How to Cancel Service?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

How to Cancel Service?

Since this past Monday, 4/6/20, we've been trying to cancel the Xfinity service at our daughter's apartment because she's moving out. I tried reaching Comcast via phone many times, but for understandable reasons that isn't working. I've also tried many times to connect via Live Chat, but always get the message that no one is available.

On Monday, we did manage to find the link that supposedly allows you to cancel the service online, so we submitted the brief form. After submitting the form, a message popped up that states our request had been received, and that someone would call within 48 hours to confirm the request. We didn't receive a call by yesterday (48 hours), so we resubmitted the form (yesterday).  The account is still active.

The current service period ends on Apr 12 (the account is paid up through that time). We're really hoping to get this resolved soon so we don't get billed for another month.

Btw, there are two accounts under my name, as my wife and I were paying for our daughter's service at the apartment. I REALLY need to make sure that the correct account is canceled!!!

This is the last avenue I have in hopes of getting this taken care of. Hopefully a Comcast rep will read this and reach out to me...

Thanks.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: How to Cancel Service?

I thought I'd follow up with the Comcast link I found for how to modify or cancel services. This is what I used this past Monday, and again yesterday, in efforts to cancel the service online for my daughter's apartment:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cancel-my-xfinity-services

If you look under Looking to Cancel Your Xfinity Account, there's a link to complete a simple cancellation form online. I completed the form, but the service is still on. Is this link/form even still valid? Again, the form said it was submitted successfully but we've not received a call from Comcast to confirm our request.

We've had to do an early buyout of the lease on the apartment, because the college she's attending is no longer open (like most around the country) due to Covid-19 and she's now back home with us. The apartment lease is up in a week and we really need to cancel the Xfinity service.

Comcast, please help!