Community Forum

How to Cancel ONE of my services - without being upsold?

Highlighted
New Poster

How to Cancel ONE of my services - without being upsold?

As my username suggests, I am frustrated and have lost all respect for Xfinity Comcast. I have been a customer since 2005 and was simply and innocently trying to cancel my internet service today. 3 hours later, they still haven't canceled my service. I am being held hostage to keep my internet srevice because 1) Chat won't help if you are downgrading. They guide you to call. 2) You cannot manage your account online if you are trying to downgrade - they guide you to call. 3) when you call, it takes forever to get to the right department - wasting my time (and quite frankly Xfinity's time - they should be more efficient). 4) after being re-routed in 50million directions and finally land in the loyalty department (horrible name as it is not representative of the experience) - I was insulted by the operator. She didn't understand why I would cancel my internet as her 70yr old grandmother uses it. I promptly asked for a supervisor. I was told I would have to wait for one to call me back. I then said let's just cancel the internet now. She said I must have a cell number OR an email to do so. I said I had neither. She said she couldn't cancel then. I am appaled. I can't go into a store as I am handicapped and home bound. This feels like a legal issue at this point. I am being held hostage to a service I am unable to cancel.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How to Cancel ONE of my services - without being upsold?

Hello, Frustrated672! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you got a bit of a run-around while trying to get help managing your services and I would love to take a look and help you get this taken care of quickly here. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!