Community Forum

How many times do I have to be lied to?

Regular Visitor

How many times do I have to be lied to?

I have never been given the run around quite like I have with comcast. I have cancelled my service, and have a $237 credit on my account. When I called in the first time, I was told 2 weeks. I waited 2 weeks, decided that I needed a record of what was said so I contacted comcast through chat and screenshot the entire conversation.

In that conversation I was told that a ticket was submitted on my behalf, and I would get my refund in 5-7 days. I was even given a reference number for the ticket and told I could check the status of it in a Chat.

I wait 17 days till today 9/27/2019, and again go through the chat, for documentation, and inquire about my refund and give the reference number I was given. The person tells me that my refund will take 30 days (the third different time frame I have been given). When I tell them that I was told 5-7 and that a ticket was submitted, they tell me I misunderstood the information given.

- This typical with my experience with comcast, always vague and no accountability.

I have the entire conversation screenshot, but long story short, this new person tells me that the previous person in fact never did put in a ticket. The ticket never existed and the reference number I was given was just the Chat ID. Also said that the previous person was completely lying when they told me 5-7 days. (It took some pressing to finally get them to admit they were lying).

It also should be noted that even during my latest conversation 2 different time frames for refund (30 days and 4-6 weeks) and they were used interchangeably in this conversation even after this was pointed out.

I just want my refund and not to be lied too every time I call or chat. Is that really too much to ask? Comcast can pull money out of our accounts within 30 seconds and I apparently have to wait 4-6 weeks to get my money back? Truly unbelievable. But maybe it is not so unbelievable since earlier in August I was told by a comcast Billing Supervisor to "go screw yourself" - man I wish I had been recording when that happened!

I am including a sampling of my conversations for reference.Xfinity SS2.JPGFirst chat (second conversation overall)

Xfinity SS3.JPGSecond chat (third conversation overall)