Community Forum

How long to restore service?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How long to restore service?

Just wondering if Xfinity has any company standards or service quality guidelines, or averages, on how long it should take to restore TV service?  Is it one day, two days, a week, a month???

All of my live TV service failed 5 days ago although my internet service, apps such as Prime Video and Youtube, as well as On Demand all work ok.  I've swapped out my TV box and coax splitter and get same results.

I've been on the phone with Support many times for hours but no progress.  They're blaming it on COVID-19 and say they don't know how long I'll have to wait.  Is that reasonable?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: How long to restore service?

After a week and a half my live TV service is finally restored, no thanks to Xfinity.  A neighbor friend called Xfinity on my behalf and told the system she was a new customer.  She was able to get the Xfinity Support system to reactivate my  equipment or TV service.  This is something that 6 phone calls to Xfinity Support was unable to do.  I'm amazed at how horrible Xfinity Support is.  I've never seen anything like it.