Community Forum

How long to become a new customer

Regular Visitor

How long to become a new customer

My promotional rate has ended and earlier this week I got a phone call telling me about new promotions available and had some options listed off and a great deal was announced, since I wasn't home when I got the call I said I would later call in later to change everything.  When I called in I was told the offer that was originally proposed was not available to existing customers and offered me the same package for $55 dollars more a month.  Unreal to me that only new customers can get a decent deal.  What is the time line to become a new customer?  It's crazy to me you need to leave for a decent deal!

Official Employee

Re: How long to become a new customer

Hi @Johnnyy

New customers are offered lower-priced plans at an introductory rate. I'd be more than happy to review the offers that I have to see if it would help lower your rate again. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Someone already called today to show me how they could keep me with amazing deal of $50 over an introductory price or an even better package where my bill would go up even higher.

To the people looking for help on reducing their bill, if it's not already on the website don't even bother getting your hopes up.

Services with lots of options such as insurance you'll find loyalty discounts or associated discounts. Comcast you'll get a higher bill, change of services never in your favor such as data caps or your favorite channels being pulled and everything is bundled up so either upgrade or lose your shows. My favorite though is when you call customer service for billing issues and they point you in the direction of doing a charge back with your credit card company instead of trying to work with Comcast.

No thanks I'll just leave for a competitor.
Official Employee

Sorry you feel this way. If it's anything we can help with in the future, feel free to reach out. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!