Community Forum

How long does it take to connect service to a new constructed home?

Highlighted
New Poster

How long does it take to connect service to a new constructed home?

We moved to a new home 2 weeks ago, and still waiting for Comcast to come connect the cable. I opened a ticket in the xfinity store 2 weeks ago, then opened another one online through twitter last week, but no one is coming. How long does this usually take? Or all technicians on hold currently due to coronavirus?   

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How long does it take to connect service to a new constructed home?

@Hakki wrote:

We moved to a new home 2 weeks ago, and still waiting for Comcast to come connect the cable. I opened a ticket in the xfinity store 2 weeks ago, then opened another one online through twitter last week, but no one is coming. How long does this usually take? Or all technicians on hold currently due to coronavirus?   

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

I've asked a team member to review and assist in your specific situation so you can get a proper update.  

Setting some general expectations below:

If the address is not currently serviceable, please allow 36 business hours for the serviceability team to provide an initial review.

If the request needs to go to our construction team for either a drop or to extend plant to this address, we will provide an additional update.

Construction can take anywhere from 45-60 days depending on Design, Permits, Funding and then Construction.

Thanks for your interest and thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How long does it take to connect service to a new constructed home?

Hi Hakki. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with reviewing your order and address serviceability. Apologies you have been experiencing delays. Please send me a private message and include your full name, complete home address, and primary contact phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!