Community Forum

How long does it take for an order to upgrade Internet package to process?

New Poster

How long does it take for an order to upgrade Internet package to process?

Hi, I had decided to upgrade my internet package from the 25Mbps to 150Mbps and had put in the order via the online tool for managing my services. I'm just curious to how long it would take for me get the new speeds? I notice I don't see the order yet in my alerts in my account. Thanks for any help!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How long does it take for an order to upgrade Internet package to process?

If you have the right modem, it should happen right away.

Diamond Problem Solver

Question moved here from home networking for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees for an answer.

Problem Solver

Hello AzureZhen,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I can see no order placed. Additionally, there is no 150Mbps speed tier available in your area. I have went ahead and added a free Blast! internet bolt-on for 12 months, that will increase your speeds to 200Mbps download and 10Mbps upload. You should see this change take effect on your speeds today, and if you do not please reach back out. After the 12 month promotion period, the Blast! internet bolt-on will move to everyday pricing, which is currently $13.00 a month. You can call or post back anytime before then to have this removed. Feel free to reach back out with any other questions.

New Poster

Hi, I have the same question. I called in today to upgrade from 25Mbps to 150Mbps. I was told the change would be effected in about 15 minutes if I restarted my modem. I have been checking the entire day since but no change in speed.

New Poster

Any idea how long it takes to get new updated speed I upgraded from 100 to 200 mbps I restarted the modem and nothing got even slower to 40
New Poster

I came seeking answers as well. We were sitting around last night talking and a commercial came on for XFI and I decided to check it out online only to discover I've been missing out on better speeds than Blast! so I upgraded to the 400mbps connection and since 9pm last night I still have not received those speeds. Mind you, I used the automated system so I'm not sure if a human has to manually change my speeds but I have shut down my modem/router multiple times and they are not the issue, I run a Netgear Blackhawk router with a ZOOM cable modem capable of 343mbps so hardware issue is out of the question. 

New Poster

I am having the same problem as well trying to up my Mbps from 55 to 1000 using the online internet management tool I have a comfirmation number.