Community Forum

How long before I am a "new" customer again?

New Poster

How long before I am a "new" customer again?

Would anyone be able to help answering the question of how long I must cancel my connection before xfinity will classify me as a "new" customer again? All I want to do is downgrade my service to something that will not break my bank with my new financial situation, but never seem to get anywhere with xfinity/comcast representitives. Its especially frustrating when xfinity is advertising packages that would be great for me all over the internet, but they are for new customers only. Would think that keeping an existing customer would be as important as getting a new one, but if I have to move to a different provider for a few months in order to get a reasonable price, I guess that is what I'll have to do. 

So yeah, rant aside, does anyone know how long I have to move my business over to a competitor for in order to be eligible for a "new" customer deal?

Official Employee

Re: How long before I am a "new" customer again?

Hello, LkeyesVA! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

You do not need to leave us just to get the best rates available. I would be more than happy to take a look at your account and see what promotions are available. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!