Community Forum

How does Comcast fix leakage?

Frequent Visitor

How does Comcast fix leakage?

I was told I had leakage; a Comcast fellow came out and we could not find the splitter.  I had new stairs put in 3 years ago and the Comcast cable seems to run under those stairs.  The guy said to have the stairs pulled up. But I cannot belive the installer would bury a splitter like that.  Can the old cable be discarded and a new one replace it?

Expert

Re: How does Comcast fix leakage?

Typically a new line would be installed rather than disassembling your home. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

carolee1945, I'm with nerdburg, it's far easier to run a new line than to tear a part the stairwell. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number for help. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply; Comcast has truly improved from the past.  I called and I have a guy coming out tomorrow. But please explain this:  I see a wire coming from the pole and then disappearing under the stairway.  But how can the signal be getting to my computer and tv?  I do not see anywhere that it is connected.  Could this wire be something old that is not even being used? But I do not see anyplace where things are connected.  I took a flashlight and looked under the house and everywhere.  Please answer soon.

Official Employee

carolee1945, glad to hear it!

The wire from the pole outside is the same one going into your house and under the stairs? Have you tried tracing the coaxial cable from the cable box/modem to the stairs?

Frequent Visitor

That is what is really wierd. I cannot figure it out.  Two different Comcast guys could not figure out either. When I called again, the fellow on the phone assured me I would be getting someone more experienced, who was an expert.  I am now studying all my cables, I realize we should all know about them.  I will let you know tomorrow what happens.  I deeply appreciate your communication about this.  Will the guys who come have tool to find the leakage?

Official Employee

That is what is really wierd. I cannot figure it out.  Two different Comcast guys could not figure out either. When I called again, the fellow on the phone assured me I would be getting someone more experienced, who was an expert.  I am now studying all my cables, I realize we should all know about them.  I will let you know tomorrow what happens.  I deeply appreciate your communication about this.  Will the guys who come have tool to find the leakage?

carolee1945, yes! I'll check in with you tomorrow! 

KenF

Official Employee

Good afternoon! Did the appointment conclude yet?

Frequent Visitor

They were to come between 12 and 2 and it is 1, so I will keep waiting.  Thanks for asking.  The odd thing is I cannot trace where the cable comes out of the house.

Official Employee

They were to come between 12 and 2 and it is 1, so I will keep waiting.  Thanks for asking.  The odd thing is I cannot trace where the cable comes out of the house.

OK. I'm sure they'll be there soon. No worries, the tech will be able to trace the line!

Official Employee

How did the tech visit go? 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I need to replace the entire Comcast line.  I am waiting for a phone call.

Frequent Visitor

The technician explained about leakage so I understood it was related to getting the new cable box, which is much more sensitive.  He gave me his phone number and his supervisor's, which impressed me.  He fixed a few of my indoor cables which were corroded. He tried to troubleshoot exactly where the line left the house and went to the pole.  It was not easy to find, quite hidden. We found most of it.  Some still is hidden.  I am very happy with Comcast right now. Except waiting for the service appointment.  I will call him and call the supervisor directly.  They need permission from my neighbor to go into their yard where the pole is, so that took time for me to contact them.

I am not sure how to give a rating on this experience, and it isn't quite over.  My comcast works, but the lines are really old and the carpenter who built new stairs just let the line go right into them, the stair would have be pulled up, which is not a good solution.  So, I will be happy to get a new line.

Official Employee

Hi carolee1945, 

Thanks for following up. I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasant visit with the tech and that he was able to provide their direct contact information for you to follow up if needed. I'd like to provide you with a link that will allow you to provide your feedback on your experience with your tech. Can you please initiate a private message so I can send you the link? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.