Community Forum

How do you send someone a DM

Regular Visitor

How do you send someone a DM

I'm trying to follow up with a specific employee yet I can't figure out how to DM them from their profile page.

Problem Solver

Re: How do you send someone a DM

If  the option to send them a private message isn't available on their profile page, then they haven't opened it up for you.  Generally, you have to post an initial message before the PM option opens up for you.  Then they might have to request a PM from you before you're able to directly PM them.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

As was mentioned unless an Official Employee has specifically asked you to send them a private message it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.   You can read about our Private Message policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

TomWDTV, Hi! As per the forums guidelines, you aren't able to send a private message until a public post is made. Since you have done that now, you should be able to do so. We also ask that you wait for us to request the private message as well. I do see you have sent me one, so I'll follow up with you there. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!