Community Forum

How do I start cancelation proceedings with a company who cares nothing about their customers?

New Poster

How do I start cancelation proceedings with a company who cares nothing about their customers?

I truly believe that Comcast/Xfinity cares nothing about their customers. No returned phone calls from scheduled appointment times. Then when I do talk to someone (I've talked to 3 or 4 different 'representatives'), they told me different stories.

I removed a fax line a year ago, the charge was removed from my bill for a few months. I then received a notice saying that I was going to be retroactively charged for that fax line that I did not have. I then canceled my landline 5 months ago, it was never done.  The line does not even work!  So, not only does this company owe me money from a year ago,  I am paying for 2 lines that I canceled.

ALSO, I live in NJ and think of all the $$$ this company raked in over the past 6 weeks. We were out of power for 7 days, others were out for 2 weeks. But we still have to pay our bill for that. I never see cable companies replaceing poles or clearing trees. I guess they wait for the power companies to do all that.

It's time for apple TV or a dish...

Thanks for letting me vent.

Expert

Re: How do I start cancelation proceedings with a company who cares nothing about their customers?

@Schumi09 wrote:

I truly believe that Comcast/Xfinity cares nothing about their customers. No returned phone calls from scheduled appointment times. Then when I do talk to someone (I've talked to 3 or 4 different 'representatives'), they told me different stories.

You can log into your account or use the My Account app to check the status of your service calls. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every missed appoinment.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I removed a fax line a year ago, the charge was removed from my bill for a few months. I then received a notice saying that I was going to be retroactively charged for that fax line that I did not have. I then canceled my landline 5 months ago, it was never done.  The line does not even work!  So, not only does this company owe me money from a year ago,  I am paying for 2 lines that I canceled.

I'll ask an employee to review that for you.

ALSO, I live in NJ and think of all the $$$ this company raked in over the past 6 weeks. We were out of power for 7 days, others were out for 2 weeks. But we still have to pay our bill for that.

No, you can ask for a credit for the time your service was out. 

I never see cable companies replaceing poles or clearing trees. I guess they wait for the power companies to do all that.

Yes, the power/phone companies own the poles, so they are responsible for maintaining them. Also, they are classified as essential utilities, so they perform repair work before cable is granted access. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: How do I start cancelation proceedings with a company who cares nothing about their customers?

Hi Schumi09, 

We'd hate to lose you as a customer. If possible, I'd like to see if there's anything that I can do to assist you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Regular Visitor

@NerdburgI'm also going to cancel my cable.phone and internet today.  I'm moving next week. Just spent forever on the phone with Lance who promised new lower rate, credit for numerous things I was charged for but never had ,etc. I told him I needed an email with complete breakdown as I was going to compare with other companies offers, , he said I've have it in a few minutes.   I opened it less than 10 minutes after I got it. Says it's expired.

Opened a chat window, got
Vaishnavi 1:10:03 PM

Who wanted to start all over.    I've had it.  No matter what company I pick today,  their service would have to be better.

This was the last straw. After 19 years with Comcast,  I'm outta here.
Official Employee

@Brenda2222,  

It sounds like the link that he sent was for the customer approval process which allows you to review the changes in packages before they are applied to your account. During this process, you will only have 30 minutes to review and confirm or deny it before it expires. This measure was put in place to avoid unauthorized changes from being made to customers accounts. I apologize if this was not explained to you. 

We don't want to lose you as a customer. I'd like to see how I can help make this right. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Regular Visitor

I had no intention of having it applied. I wanted to compare his new lower price offer  to offers from other companies before I made that decision. I had no idea Comcast gave you 30 minutes to make that decision before yanking the offer back.  Lesson learned. 

Official Employee

No, it's not that we take the offer back. The link is just a temporary document that will allow you to review the changes you discuss. The offer would still be available. 

Frequent Visitor

I to am in same boat as many loyal long time customers. The time as finally come to let Comcast loose me as a customer and go to another provider. They don't care ... and yes how do I start my cancellation proceeding.

I tried to get help in my previous thread - only response was basically a runaround stating I was getting the best rate possible.

With a take it or leave attitude ... I'll gladly leave.

I am a LONG time customer.  I don't even remember how long, long before the company became "Comcast".  I think it used to be Storer in this area, so 20+ years.   Anyway, my problem is that I have to get my new bill reduced or I may have to give up Comcast and go with someone else. My 2 year contract expired.  As a new customer, they are offering very nice packages at reduced rates for a 2-year contract.  I don't really want to give up what I already have, but I can't justify paying more for it.                                                             New customer X1 prefered triple play $ 119.99  Longtime customer X1 prefered triple play $ 175.00

Official Employee

Hi 1forvenice, 

I can review your account again to see if there has been a change in promotions since you last checked. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.