Community Forum

How do I schedule a tech to come check my outside cable connection?

Frequent Visitor

How do I schedule a tech to come check my outside cable connection?

I have been having connectivity issues over the last two years or so.  Seems to be increasing in frequency.  I have a new gateway, and my inside cables and splitters have been replaced and tidied up.  My phone and internet are having the most frequent issues, but even my main TV box will need to be unplugged and repowered every once and a while.  I am in an older home and nothing has been done to the outside cable hook up for as long as I have been here, so good 18 years.

I would like to have someone check my outside connection and cables, before I have a tech for an inside visit, as I would need to be home for that.

Calling customer service is always difficult.  Is there a way to schedule an outside service call online?

Thanks.  

Valued Contributor

Re: How do I schedule a tech to come check my outside cable connection?

I believe you would have to have a technician come check inside to deem that the problem is before the demarc, and they would schedule a repair order. There are former technicians on here who could probably give you more in depth knowledge, but I believe that is the proper procedure.
Official Employee

Re: How do I schedule a tech to come check my outside cable connection?

Hi doopieg, thank you for reaching out and what was said above was correct and we would need to schedule a technician visit.  I can assist getting this done,  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).  

Thank you