Community Forum

How do I merge two different Comcast accounts?

New Poster

How do I merge two different Comcast accounts?

I have two Comcast accounts. I see that it's no longer possible to manage both accounts under one or merge them. I've seen on several posts where several employees say to PM them the information of account numbers and addresses so they can merge for them, but whenever I click on an employee's profile, I only see on the right hand side, to message them (not PM them). How do I get someone to do this for me and my accounts?  I currently have two accounts, I'd like to have them associated or something-that's because when I go to enter my mobile phone number on my new account, it won't take it because it says that it's already associated with another account (my first one, obviously). So now I can't manage any of the changes or issues because I don't have a mobile associted to the account. I can't get a PIN for VM. It won't email me one. Online is extremely limited because I don't have a mobile attached to this account. Please help!

Expert

Re: How do I send a PM to a Comcast employee??

MrsTorre1 wrote:

I have two Comcast accounts. I see that it's no longer possible to manage both accounts under one or merge them. I've seen on several posts where several employees say to PM them the information of account numbers and addresses so they can merge for them, but whenever I click on an employee's profile, I only see on the right hand side, to message them (not PM them). I try to send a pessage anyway and when I click on that, it takes me to a page that  says messages. That's it-no where to write one, no ability to contact. How do I get someone to do this for me and my accounts?

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.
Never respond to another customer's PM unless you have requested they send you one.

When you send an unrequested PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi MrsTorre1,   

Thanks for reaching out. We cannot merge the two accounts (assuming they are both active), but if you have an alternate phone number or email address, those can be used on your secondary account that we can associate with to help resolve the errors when logging in. 

In a situation where a customer disconnects their old account after transferring to a new account, then we would be able to transfer the email address from the old account to the new account to ensure you'd still have access to that email address and emails. 

Can you clarify if you are referring to a voicemail pin, or the CPNI pin needed to manage your account online?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have a similar issue. I transferred services after I moved but my old account is still active. How can I disconnect my old account and update my new account with my contact information that is linked to my old account?

Thanks,

Uzma

Official Employee

Hello uzmas, I can assist you with getting your old account removed. In order to do so I will need to verify your account information, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, username and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

@mauiiiiii wrote:

Oh I have been trying to message you, as you seem the only person who seems to know my problem. I have 2 account numbers, current one, and one from a year ago (before I temporarily tried Uverse). So I get the error "accountMismatch" whenever I try to do anything significant on the laptop. (Internet and TV work fine, but so did Uverse's).

Once again, do not PM any Official Employee unless they specifically request you to do so. 

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.  Your post will be answered by an OE in the order that it was received, which could be several days.  If you need help more quickly, consider using chat or @ComcastCares on Twitter, or on our Facebook page.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.