Community Forum

How do I get to speak to someone about a recent change to service?

Highlighted
New Poster

How do I get to speak to someone about a recent change to service?

On Saturday a nice young man called to ask me about upgrading our internet service. I agreed. In that call he stated that we didn't need a router because the router we have (though not from Xfinity) was fine for the upgrade.

Today a router arrived via UPS. Why? I didn't ask for one. The rep stated that we didn't need one. I don't want to pay for one. They don't come free, and I don't want to pay because that increases what I am paying even more. I didn't agree to rent one.

What is this? Better yet, WHY?

I will agree to paperless billing. I will not agree to automatic payments. I told the agent that if I have to agree to automatic payments, then forget it. 

Your virtual assistant cannot address my issue. Please don't text me a link and tell me that I have to try one of the suggestions in the line before I can speak to an agent because 1) I know that the suggestions don't pertain to my issue and if 2) you are going to hang up on me.

II understand the changes that companies have had to implement with the onset of COVID-19 and this this is challenging. If I am willing to wait on hold (yes, even for hours), then I should be able to speak with someone.  There is no one manning the FB chat. 

Someone? Anyone? Please?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How do I get to speak to someone about a recent change to service?

Regarding your issue I can just say I am in the same boat. I changed my plan with an agent to a lower fee and it never got processed and I am being billed the old amount. Same as you - I can't get a response - I get a text with a link  tells me that I have to try one of the suggestions in the line before I can speak to an agent. 

So I gave up after 5 DAYS of trying to reach someone. I contacted my credit card and they will contest the charge directly with XFinity. So they can bill you but don't bother trying to find a customer service agent there. Just contact your credit card and let them know the issue  and you womt be responsible for any amount you don't feel that you owe. 

Hope that helps. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How do I get to speak to someone about a recent change to service?

I finally went a different route. I called UPS and was able to speak to someone directly. Someone came yesterday and picked to box up to return to Xfinity. If I had waited another day, I would have had to print a return label. Because I called within five days of receiving the box, I didn't have to and could just return it.