Community Forum

How do I get this months bill correct?

New Poster

How do I get this months bill correct?

I cancelled my Triple Play and went internet only. I turned all equipment in the last week of the billing period of which I already paid in full. I called 6 times and tried chat to get someone to correct next month's bill to internet only but all I get is someone telling me I should pay this bill for Triple Play even though I no longer have it. Can someone get my bill corrected as it's due in two days? I am not paying for something I don't have because you can't adjust bills after they are generated.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do I get this months bill correct?

@Kdog044 wrote:

I cancelled my Triple Play and went internet only. I turned all equipment in the last week of the billing period of which I already paid in full. I called 6 times and tried chat to get someone to correct next month's bill to internet only but all I get is someone telling me I should pay this bill for Triple Play even though I no longer have it. Can someone get my bill corrected as it's due in two days? I am not paying for something I don't have because you can't adjust bills after they are generated.

Pay the amount shown on your current bill.  When your next bill is generated it should show a prorated item for the time you canceled Triple Play and went to Internet only.  If you don't pay the amount shown, you'll end up getting a late fee and that may be harder to remove than just getting the prorate on your next bill. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am not going to pay over $300 for something that I never had during the current billing period. They can add whatever late fees they want and I'll see them in court. They will get the cost of the internet only and if they can't get it straight I'll call WOW and they can stick their internet where the sun don't shine. 18 years I've been a loyal customer and that is the response I get.
Highlighted
Expert

@Kdog044 wrote:
I am not going to pay over $300 for something that I never had during the current billing period. They can add whatever late fees they want and I'll see them in court. They will get the cost of the internet only and if they can't get it straight I'll call WOW and they can stick their internet where the sun don't shine. 18 years I've been a loyal customer and that is the response I get.

Unless you opted out of it in the beginning, your option is arbitration.

I understand how you feel but you're shooting yourself in the foot on this.  You have to understand how their billing works.  What's in the system can't be automatically changed immediately just because you made a change one day and your bill is due within a few days after that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for totally being no help. Maybe you could have an employee contact me. I find have to arbitrate anything as I have receipts of equipment turned in and a paid bill thru the billing month. SMH.🙄
Highlighted
New Poster

Also, I didn't call a few days before my bill was due. They generated a bill 10 days after the billing cycle started and right about the same day I paid the previous bill. I contacted them on the 23rd which was 10 days before the next billing cycle was to start and my two year contract was to end. They couldn't wait to tack on a now reduced discount so my bill goes from $245/month to $270/month for a future month and I should pay it? Let's hypothesize I decided to cancel everything. Should I still pay that bill for next month of something I don't have? That's basically what you're suggesting. How stupid should I be?