Community Forum

How do I get my cable buried?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How do I get my cable buried?

All,

I'm running out of ideas.  We've been Xfinity internet customers since June of 2019 and a new cable was run to the house at that time, across my driveway with a promise that someone would be out soon to bury it.  Ten months later, the cable is still lying in my driveway, despite multiple calls to Xfinity and a visit to the local service center.  I've talked to entry level people, supervisors, and US based escalation techs, but the cable never got buried.  I had a very nice conversation with the local office, and my wife saw a truck come to house a few days later.  She opened the garage door, and watched the tech scramble to his truck and drive away immediately.  When I went outside, the cover had been removed from the box and was lying in the shrubs.  I assumed the tech was coming back to replace the cover as part of his work.  I was wrong.  Two days later I replaced the cover myself because it was about to rain.  Does anyone know who I can email?  I've decided that calling is worthless.  The people are very friendly, but they're not in a position to help.  I need high powered, local assistance with the contractor assigned to bury my cable.  Any help you can offer will be appreciated.    Thanks,

Hawkeye

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How do I get my cable buried?

Hi Hawkeye00. Thanks for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. Apologies that cable has not been taken care of yet. I can assist with submitting a ticket to our local network maintenance team to get that drop cable buried. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!