Community Forum

How do I get Peacock on multiple tvs?

Highlighted
New Poster

How do I get Peacock on multiple tvs?

Hello!

I tried to get Peacock on my secondary tv and got a message that I needed upgrade my equipment. I followed the process and got a new box the next day. Set it up, waited overnight, and now I have Peacock. Yay!

But, when I go to my primary tv with my main X1 box and try to access Peacock, I get the same message saying that I need to upgrade my equipment. When I try to go through the process, the message congratulates me and tells me the stuff has already been ordered. Ugh. How do I get an upgraded box for my primary tv?

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do I get Peacock on multiple tvs?

@jurismorte16 wrote:

Hello!

I tried to get Peacock on my secondary tv and got a message that I needed upgrade my equipment. I followed the process and got a new box the next day. Set it up, waited overnight, and now I have Peacock. Yay!

But, when I go to my primary tv with my main X1 box and try to access Peacock, I get the same message saying that I need to upgrade my equipment. When I try to go through the process, the message congratulates me and tells me the stuff has already been ordered. Ugh. How do I get an upgraded box for my primary tv?

Thanks!!

using the remote for the primary TV, use voice command 'about'. what is the rest of the line to the right of "STB Version..."? on that TV do you use other than just Coax in and HDMI out ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi, @Rustyben !

Thanks for the response and for your patience in awaiting my reply. 🙂

To answer your questions...

1. STB Version: PX001AN_3.6p11s1_PROD_sey

2. For the cable box, I only have coax in and HDMI out. (I also have an Apple TV and an Xbox but those plug directly into the TV and do not use the cable box.)

Thanks!

Stephanie

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Pace X1 DVRs like yours aren’t compatible, thus the message. If you want Peacock, swap it out. Even if you don’t want Peacock, you should swap it, it’s the oldest X1 dvr
From
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-faqs

Why can’t I access the Peacock app on my X1 TV Box?
If you don’t see Peacock content on your X1 TV Box, please verify that you:
Have a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 devices aren’t supported).
Have Xfinity Internet services (any level).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

adding... ask for a 4k DVR (no clock on front, very small profile). keep your old remote you can use it with the new device (hoping it is voice capable). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, @CCAndrew! Getting a new box. 🙂

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, @Rustyben! My new box arrived today and the paperwork says X1 TV-HD. Does that have the 4k DVR that you're referring to? 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Look under the box for model number

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!