Community Forum

How do I find my pedestal??? Order a truck roll to check on it.

Regular Visitor

How do I find my pedestal??? Order a truck roll to check on it.

Comcast service was recently turned up in my neighborhood, and on Monday, I had an appointment to install service.

Comcast sent out a contractor tech, who was beyond clueless.  First told me that Comcast stopped supporting M-cards years ago, so he did not bring one as noted on the order.  Then he had no idea where the pedestal and drop were, so he told me that we don't have service.  Obviously, since the order was processed, there is service.

The tech disappeared for 45 minutes and then returned with a picture of what he said was our pedestal, but that it had been "run over" or something and needed to be fixed before service  could be installed.  Supposedly, a ticket was issued to fix the pedestal, but according to a very helpful rep at the local store, there is no ticket in the system.

The local rep spoke to the tech supervisor who was supposed to look into it, but that is not happened and I was told to reschedule the install, which I did.  There is some sense that the original tech looked in the wrong place or was plain stupid.  

I cannot get anyone to address the status, and though I have the appointment scheduled, I don't want a repeat of Monday since I have a crew from my home A/V integrator coming out as well to set up some new equipment and re-program remotes, etc.  They aren't cheap, and I wasted their visit earlier this week.

Is there a way to for me to find out where my pedestal actually is or get a tech person to drive up and verify before the next appointment?  I was told that the sevice would be fixed within 72 hours, but I don't think there is even a ticket filed--despite being told that there was.

I have three services with Comcast in California for many, many years and now want in a new house in another state.  Should not be this hard to give my money to people.

Kudos to the rep in the local office.  I am sure she is breaking rules by giving me direct contact info to her, but at least someone is trying.  Problem is that she can't take action.

P.S.  I have learned the hard way several times to specifically ask for an in-house Comcast tech when calling for service.  Contractors are useless---unless it is screwing as piece of coax into a wall.

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: How do I find my pedestal??? Order a truck roll to check on it.

Hi @sroth

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, sroth!
I would be more than happy to take a look and make sure your install goes smoothly from here on out. Please send me a Private Message with your full name as it is listed on the account as well as the service address.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, sroth. As I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.