Community Forum

How do I find a saved chat message?

New Poster

How do I find a saved chat message?

Having a chat, theKrishna gave  me some inf I saved it from the chat screen. How do I find it?

Regular Contributor

Re: How do I find a saved chat message?

Expert

@Dselewski wrote:

Having a chat, theKrishna gave  me some inf I saved it from the chat screen. How do I find it?

It would be very hard for any of us to determine where to find the saved portion of the chat on your computer.  Have you looked on your desktop?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@giantssfan wrote:

@Dselewski wrote:

Very good question and wish Comcast would go back or change the system where a send the link or save chat to email would be on the page.

You have to ask Before  closes and get a number which you insert in the part 3 lines in the right top corner of page by Comcast Logo .

The best you can get? is to go back in chat not sure about other forms and tell them you want previous one and they can get provide it.

If you need it printed make sure it ready in print mode or saved mode of such as I think its gone when logged out. Hopefully somebody from Comcast could explain it in better detail as to this as was unable to and would like to saved as well.

Guess its best to ask for chat number at begining if you use it again.

How does this answer the customer's question since they are looking for the saved information?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@giantssfan 

If you will notice I quoted your post in my response to you so editing out your post serves no purpose.  Instead of editing out the response, it would have been better to apologize and say you misread the original post.  We all have done it, including myself.  However, you did ask a couple of valid questions, so your post could have potentially helped others that might have the same questions.  This is exactly what the Help & Support forums are for: customers helping other customers.  So, in the future, please don't edit out your posts.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok sorry all my bad.i did not see the part of being saved.

Official Employee

Hello Dselewski. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. While I can't help locate where you saved the chat transcript, I can review your account and determine if I can locate the chat transcript for you, from that conversation. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello Dselewski. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to reach out via private message. If you need help with something else, create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.