Community Forum

How do I contact someone to get the installer back?

Highlighted
New Poster

How do I contact someone to get the installer back?

I had an installer come this morning to get my new Xfinity service connected. He was great. I walked around with him for a while as he connected the new coax (to replace the old owner's cabling that no longer worked). He was doing such a great job, I just trusted him when he told me which house cables he connected at the demarc box outside the house.

Unfortunately, when I could not get a signal on my modem, I finally figured out that he connected a cable that is cut off a foot below the box rather than the one he said he connected.

Like many, I am suddenly having to work from home, and I need service yesterday.

None of the options in chat support covers a failed external install...it's all about troubleshooting my side.

No phone number that I can find, even on the materials he left.

How do I get help?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How do I contact someone to get the installer back?

I finally figured out I could just call back on the phone number that called with the automated appointment verification. I was able to navigate through and get to a live person and she got me set up with a return visit from the technician.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How do I contact someone to get the installer back?

@george_ganahl wrote:

I finally figured out I could just call back on the phone number that called with the automated appointment verification. I was able to navigate through and get to a live person and she got me set up with a return visit from the technician.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above . Glad to hear that you were able to get this corrected.  Thanks for your patience and persistence. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!