Community Forum

How did you get your XB6

Contributor

How did you get your XB6

Here's my rant and why I'm asking. Please post how you got one and general location please.

I've had gig service for 6+ months and when I went to local store for an xb6 I was told gig isn't even available and I was confused. After argueing for 15 mins asking them to just pull up my account they said oh well we don't have any only xb3. They said a truck roll was required. I then went across the street to best buy to buy a DOCSIS 3.1 so my gig would work as I had an Arris SB6120 before. Hooked it up activated and started getting gig on wired.

My wireless router is older so max ive seen wifi is 250-300 down. When the tech came there were 2. When I opened the door I knew something was wrong. They told me they don't have any xb6 and never even seen one. Said they talked to their sup and that I was basically the first on gig in my area. They asked to come in and see a speed test so I connected my laptop wired which was SB8200>Netgear R6250 > Netgear JGS524Ev2 > Dell XPS. I ran the test many times and end results were like 960 or so and during the test it went up to 1024.

They were excited to see the speeds and called their sup who told me he would see about getting an xb6 for me as his directors were in town that week and I asked if he couldn't maybe leasing me one if those Netgear nighthawk routers would work until as I read that's what Comcast used at the start of gig roll outs on some markets. He assured me he'd call me within a week. It's been about 6 months and never got that call. I really don't want to buy another wireless router and want to use the xb6 and just can't get one no matter how hard I try. I've called in countless times. Even drove 20 miles to other Comcast store and no luck at all.

What blows my mind is Comcast sure enough will put the speed increase on my account but they won't get me an xb6. That is redicolous.

My monthly bill is minimum $330 so I'm paying $4,000 a year for service and can't get an xb6. I'm about to take that $4,000 year to AT&T even though it's not as reliable but they would get my the equipment.
Official Employee

Re: How did you get your XB6

Hi john_1, 

Sorry to hear of the experience you're having while trying to get a XB6 modem. Until recently, these modems were only available in certain markets and only available through a professional install. Somethings have changed and I may be able to have one shipped directly to you. In order to do so, can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!