Community Forum

How can I schedule a technician at an "outside of service area" address to set up service?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How can I schedule a technician at an "outside of service area" address to set up service?

Hi,

I am a current comcast customer.  My wife and I have built a new house just outside of the "service area" of our city (Spokane, WA).  We would like to bring our comcast service with us into the new house, but Comcast has told us that they don't serve our address.  

However, my future neighbor has comcast service, with the pole that feeds his service sitting about 200ft away from my property.  I am happy to dig the line to connect to this pole (so that all comcast would be asked to do is connect my line to the pole), but am having trouble explaining this situation to comcast representatives that can help.  All I have received so far is a blanket response of "We do not serve that address".

If I could meet with a Comcast technician at my new house I could walk through things with them and it should be pretty straigh forward.  How can I get an appointment like this set up?  What number or department could I contact?  Any help is appreciated!  Trying to remain a Comcast customer!  

Thank you!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How can I schedule a technician at an "outside of service area" address to set up serv

@bulldog2040 

You need a site survey done first, so a technician isn't going to help.  It may or may not be that you will be able to have service, although your neighbor does; you might just be outside of the area while they are just inside.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: How can I schedule a technician at an "outside of service area" address to set up service?

Greetings, bulldog2040! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I hope you are staying safe out there during these crazy times. Congratulations on getting the new house built. I would like to build my own house one of these days! I appreciate your wanting to bring Comcast into your new home. As Again has mentioned, we would need to have a survey done to determine exactly how far you are from a tap and if there is room on that tap for us to hook the services up. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name, full new address, and email address so I may see about getting the survey set up for you?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!