Community Forum

How can Comcast/Xfinity possibly keep their loyal customer database?

New Poster

How can Comcast/Xfinity possibly keep their loyal customer database?

On 5/29/18 4:07 pm EST I contacted Comcast and spoke with Tina for approx 43 minutes to determine why our "Bundle Discount" was dropped without any warning and what was needed to bring this bill down. I was told the bundle was dropped as the promotion had expired, as I had suspected, and was then told "we were told how long the promotion was upon signup, and was pretty much noted it was our responsibilty to remember this".
There was no bundle option to sign up for, and was told the only option was to stay at the current price or drop channels for an approx $10 discount.
This service we pay for is for my mother-in-law, who is in a nursing home, why would I want to loose channels, when this is one of her
only outlets of entertainment?

In the end, Tina did try to work with me on ensuring the channels we did want would be available, but the bottom line is
1. Why no warning or notification that the bundle was going away, so, we as a customer could be better prepared?
Verizon has this warning on my bill every month, and XML Radio emails me monthly to remind me of service changes
Why not Comcast?
2. Comcast has a "new customer" promotion of 79.99 for a "double Bundle", why is there no double bundle package available for existing customers?
believe it or not, not everyone uses the internet, perfect example, senior citizens in a nursing home.
3. How can Comcast/Xfinity possibly keep their loyal customer database? With no packages available to fit the loyal customer?
4. How can Comcast expect those, who are on a fixed budget, to pay the huge prices? Our monthly fee went from $132.85 to 160.83?

I did ask for management and was told they told her the same thing, and had to insist on management, and was then told they would call me back as they were very busy .... well ... here I sit, 17+ hours later and still no call back.

I'm not impressed in the end with Comcast. This only validates why I prsonally left Comcast many years ago where they wouldn't work with me, the loyal customer of many years, and opted to go to Verizon, as Verizon keeps me well updated and works with me with the renewing of my package every year.

I'm hoping that Comcast will step up with assisting better the people who are on a fixed budget to ensure their years continue
to be happy with the entertainment they are able to use.

Regards,

Elizabeth Wingert

Official Employee

Re: How can Comcast/Xfinity possibly keep their loyal customer database?

Hello wingee. We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We appreciate all our customers, existing and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.