Community Forum

How Do I Speak To A Real Person?

Highlighted
New Poster

How Do I Speak To A Real Person?

My Comcast cable feed to my house is broken (due to tree branch) and on the ground. Unless I'm brain dead (entirely possible) there doesn't seem to be any way to contact a human from the Comcast website any more. Is this correct? Or do I have to go to an Xfinity store?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: How Do I Speak To A Real Person?

There is no way to chat with a CSR online (only the bot, in my expereince anyway, which always just put me into a neverending loop) and I couldn't even find the phone number published on the site anywhere.  Maybe I just didn't look hard enough, or maybe they just assume everyone knows 1-800-XFINITY. (I had to google to find it on a non-comacast site somewhere, which to be fair was a "duh" moment on my part since I'm sure I already knew the number).

Just to share my own miserable experence with trying to reach anyone that could help me, this is what I have had to do every time to speak to a person on the phone:

1) Call Comcast (1-800-XFINITY)

2) Tell the bot I'm having internet trouble

3) bot tells me nothing can be done until I rest my modem and wait 10 minutes.  So I let the bot send a reset singnal and I get a text message that this is happening.

4) I never receive the promised follow-up text after 10 minutes, so then I call back

5) the bot is aware my modem was just reset, but now it will ask me to manually do it again and wait another ten minutes.  Again I get an initial text.  Again I never get the promised follow-up after 10 minutes.

6) Then I call back again.  The bot is now aware of the previous 2 steps and will finally transfer me to an agent.

This whole process usually takes 30 to 40 minutes, not counting the time you'll wait on-hold once the bot finally puts you into the queue.

This is the only method that has worked for me.  All other attempts result in the IVR hanging up on me.  You might have better luck if the bot can actually see your service is completely down.  I'd be curious to know if that's the case.  I'm not sure if you have TV or Internet... maybe it works different for TV service but I'm not sure if there is an option given by the phone bot to say they are both down.  Saying things like "service down" just puts me in the "reset your modem" routine.

My solution to this abuse is to no longer be an Xfinity customer.  (I have been one for 19 years, but my patience just ran out.)

Good luck.